Everyone has their good and bad days, and not everyone is comfortable enough to share what they’re going through. For those who are struggling internally without being able to have someone to talk to, these mental health quotes may give you the comfort and peace of mind you seek. Let these quotes empower you to get through the day with positivity and hope!
Rising Above Hardships
No one goes through life without scratches and scars. Like all wounds, they heal over time. These hardships are part of your journey. Welcome them because it is through pain and failure that you better appreciate happiness and success. Believe that you’ll come out stronger and go through life with more courage!
1. “We cannot be more sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain.” – Alan Watts
3. “Healing takes time, and asking for help is a courageous step.” – Mariska Hargitay
4. “Give yourself a break. Stop beating yourself up! Everyone makes mistakes, has setbacks and failures. You don’t come with a book on how to get it right all the time. You will fail sometimes, not because you planned to, but simply because you’re human. Failure is part of creating a great life.” – Les Brown
5. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
6. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Accepting Who You Are
Problems and adversity can throw you off course. It can do a number on your mind, especially if you don’t have a strong grip on who you are at the core. Sometimes, life’s obstacles give you a jolt. Yet, they also serve as reminders that you should stick to being you, and that’s all that matters. When the world around you is shaking, stay still, focus on your inner voice, hold on to it, and never let go.
8. “When we deny our stories, they define us. When we own our stories, we get to write a brave new ending.” – Brené Brown
9. “Sometimes, the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.” – Joubert Botha
11. “I cannot stand the words “Get over it”. All of us are under such pressure to put our problems in the past tense. Slow down. Don’t allow others to hurry your healing. It is a process, one that may take years, occasionally, even a lifetime – and that’s OK.” – Beau Taplin
12. “Some days I am more wolf than woman, and I am still learning how to stop apologizing for my wild.” – Nikita Gill
13. “You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.” – Lori Deschene
14. “Be confused, it’s where you begin to learn new things. Be broken, it’s where you begin to heal. Be frustrated, it’s where you start to make more authentic decisions. Be sad, because if we are brave enough we can hear our heart’s wisdom through it. Be whatever you are right now. No more hiding. You are worthy, always.” – S.C. Lourie
16.“You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
You Take Charge
There are days when you feel like you’re losing control of your life. You have mounting problems and dealing with them with a broken spirit. Remember, you are the one in charge; not the circumstances in your life. You always have a choice, and you have to realise that you have the power to take back control anytime you please. This is your life. How you react to adversity and what action you’ll take will depend on you.
17. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
18. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
20. “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
23. “Nobody can save you but yourself, and you’re worth saving. It’s a war not easily won, but if anything is worth winning then this is it.” – Charles Bukowski
24. “Sometimes self-care is exercise and eating right. Sometimes it’s spending time with loved ones or taking a nap. And sometimes it’s watching an entire season of TV in one weekend while you lounge around in your pajamas. Whatever soothes your soul.” – Nanea Hoffman
25. “Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: getting out of bed.” – Mason Cooley
It is human to feel down and out sometimes. Still, know that you are stronger than you think. Life doesn’t happen to you, it happens for you. Life is giving you opportunities to grow and learn, yet it is up to you what you’ll do with those opportunities. I hope these quotes give you inspiration and motivation, too!
Drown out the noise, calm your heart, and in your mind, believe that you got the best weapon to conquer everything life throws at you — yourself!